Sunil Gavaskar Birthday
Short Bio of Sunil Gavaskar
Considered to be one of the best opening batsmen in cricket during his heydays, Sunil Gavaskar is a former Indian cricketer best known for the numerous records he set over the span of his playing career.
Gavaskar made his entry into the world of international cricket with a big bang—by scoring 774 runs in his debut test series against the West Indies. Instantly hailed a national hero, the young lad was yet to understand the enormity of the expectations the Indian crickets fans had from his future career.
Some Basic Info About Sunil Gavaskar
- Test debut: West Indies v India at Port of Spain, 6–10 March 1971
- Last Test: India v Pakistan at Bangalore, 13–17 March 1987
- ODI debut: England v India at Leeds, 13 July 1974
- Last ODI: India v England at Bombay, 5 November 1987
- First-class span: 1966–1987
- First Class Debut: Vazir Sultan Colt’s XI v Dungarpur XI at Hyderabad, 1966/67
- Last First Class Match: Rest of the World v M.C.C. at Lord’s, 1987
- Wisden Cricketer of the Year 1980
Important Achievement of Sunil Gavaskar
- Gavaskar was the first Test cricket player to make over 10,000 runs.
- He has the Highest runs (774) maker by a debutant.
- He has scored the most runs by any player in a series (774) against West Indies.
- He has the maximum no. of runs & centuries scored by a player against West Indies – 2749 runs & 13 centuries.
- He is the only cricketer to score 4 consecutive centuries at 2 venues – Port of Spain & Wankhede stadium.
- He is the only cricketer with 58 century partnership with 18 different players.
- He also became the first Indian fielder (excluding wicket-keepers) to get over a hundred catches in Test cricket.
- He was named one of the Wisden cricketers of the year in 1980.
Sunil Gavaskar Career Summary
Batting Career Summary
Bowling Career Summary
Hey don't forget to wish Sunil Gavaskar Birthday in the below comment section.